Re: ldap.conf between /etc/openldap or /etc/openldap2.3?

On Tue, Dec 18, 2007 at 10:15:41AM +0200, Buchan Milne wrote:
> To ensure there are not conflicts etc., my packages ship everything with a
> major version suffix if the distribution shipped a different major version of
> OpenLDAP. Thus, the ldap library from the libldap2.3_0 package
> uses /etc/openldap2.3/ldap.conf, however the original ldap library provided
> by RHEL (in the openldap-2.2.13 package) is still the 2.2.13 version, and
> still uses /etc/openldap/ldap.conf.

This seems to have changed for RHEL 5

Your packages at http://staff.telkomsa.net/packages/rhel5/openldap/x86_64/
seem to replace the RH supplied ones.

I'm not complaining, I think this is good. Keep up the good work.

--
Norman Gaywood, Systems Administrator
University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2351, Australia

ngaywood@une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 3337
http://mcs.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312