Re: Multi Master Enviornment for Openldap 2.3

> It doesn't haven't to be Multi-master but I do what the two instances
> to have the same data and be able to update requests to
> modify/add/delete entries without a refferal..

Lots of FAQ and list archive on this.  A syncrepl slave won't allow
writes, so that's out of the picture.

If you really need to load balance OpenLDAP 2.3, I submit that something
is wrong with what you're doing with the directory -- on decent
hardware, you could easily serve tens of thousands of requests/sec.

If all you're really trying to accomplish is HA, there are valid ways of
doing it.

John

--
John Madden