Re: OpenLDAP + SASL + BDB + Heimdal = BDB errors?

--On Sunday, January 23, 2005 5:14 PM -0800 Adam Morley <adam-openldap-software@gmi.com> wrote:

Hi,

On Sat, Jan 22, 2005 at 05:36:24PM -0800, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

--On Saturday, January 22, 2005 5:28 PM -0800 Quanah Gibson-Mount
<quanah@stanford.edu> wrote:

> What are the contents of your DB_CONFIG file?
> If you used slapadd to load the DB, what does "which slapadd" show?
> Did you get the correct slapadd?

Also, did you get the transactions patch for BDB? I don't see you
mentioning that.  If you apply the OL transactions patch, you must also
apply the transactions patch to BDB:

<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/patch
es/db/bdb-transactions.diff>

That might be the root cause of your problem.  That is also why it notes
that that patch is required on:

<http://www.stanford.edu/services/directory/openldap/configuration/openl
dap-build-42.html>

"Patch for transactions, requires similar patch to BDB be applied as
well."  (with links on the page).

Indeed. Leaving that transactions patch out solved my problem. Chalk it up to not reading as well as I should have.

(is it bad for me to leave the trasnactions patch out?  I kind of don't
want to put it in because I didn't see an ITS# associated with it)

Thanks a bunch!

Adam,

Read the discussion on the patch I link to to see what it entails, that's why I link to it. It is up to you to decide if you want to use it or not. I've had it in production for months with no ill effect.

--Quanah

--
Quanah Gibson-Mount
Principal Software Developer