Re: Building 2.2.19 from source

If you are following the Quick Start Guide, no perl is required
to properly configure OpenLDAP Software.  Sounds to me like you
are trying to rebuild configure.  That will likely lead to
problems as our configure script requires particular versions
of autoconf tools which you likely do not have installed.

Kurt