RE: slapd suddenly shuts down

On Thu, 2004-07-22 at 15:25, Héctor Miranda wrote:
> > On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 17:27, Héctor Miranda wrote:
> >
> > Was there anyone else logged in at the same time?
> >
> > Martin.
> >

> Hi Martin,
>
> There's a high probability since those machines are on a migration process
> and those were working hours when shutdowns happened.
>
> I really trust the person who works on that machines but everything can
> happen. I'd wish that's the problem so that indicates I'm not facing a major
> problem.
>
> Thanks!

Another thing that might be worth checking is if someone has copied an
init script to another service, modified it but left a:

  kill `cat /var/log/slapd/slapd.pid`

in somewhere.

I think the lack of response to your post indicates that this is not
common and is most likely due to human error.

All the best,
Martin.

--
-- Dr MDT Evans, Computing Services, Queen Mary, University of London