Re: slapd suddenly shuts down

On Wed, 2004-07-21 at 17:27, Héctor Miranda wrote:

> It seems a normal shutdown, but it shouldn't happen since nobody stopped
> manually the slapd.
>
> The machine is a well sized Solaris 8 and with 8Gigs on RAM we think it can
> handle the processing of a 4000 users directory.
>
> Has anyone had the same situation??

Something similar happened to me once (in about 4 years of running
slapd's), probably with 2.0.11 or 2.0.15 under Solaris 7. I wasn't sure
why, and later assumed that someone else logged into the machine (as
root) must have killed it by accident (by killing the wrong PID whilst
they were working on something else). Was there anyone else logged in at
the same time?

Martin.

--
-- Dr MDT Evans, Computing Services, Queen Mary, University of London