Re: openldap up; can't db_stat

ons, 21.07.2004 kl. 18.05 skrev Quanah Gibson-Mount:

> Are the db_stat, db_recover commands you are running from the same version
> of BDB OpenLDAP is using?  A discussion I read from googling on your error
> indicated you can see something like this if you happen to use a BDB 4.1
> db_recover/db_stat and a BDB 4.2 database...

Definitely - had it myself and corrected it (now on 2.2.14)

>  RH often throws a lot of crap
> on their boxes, so it may be that a 4.1 set of binaries is coming up in
> your path before a 4.2 set of binaries.

RH (RHAS3, RHEL3) mostly gives you mostly good and well maintained
stuff, with the exception of (apart from a few other things) Openldap
2.x and BDB 4.2. The thing about RHAS3 is, that it is a basic OS and may
be added to or deleted from at will, as long as RedHat's up2date is
notified of all changes and what to leave alone.

OL 2.2.14, BDB 4.2.52/2 patches, Cyrus SASL 2.1.18 installed as
alternatives to RHAS3 standard utilities in /usr/local are super stable
and fast as the wind, on superior hardware (in my case IBM eServer 32
bit).

I've just completed the largest OL 2.2.14/Postfix 2.1.4/Courier 3.0.6
installation I've ever had on RHAS3 and the above combination leaves me
breathless as regards to stable and advanced technique. Please do not
talk about RH "crap" without comparing "crap" to other OSs' and distros'
"crap" :)

--Tonni

... And if Postmaster again chucks this off as OT, I shall never post on
this list again.

--

Happiness is having your cat jump in through the window and
greet you, with the light summer dew yet a few seconds wet

mail: tonye@billy.demon.nl
http://www.billy.demon.nl