Re: OpenLDAP 2.1 (?) on RedHat Enterprise summary

On Sun, 9 May 2004, Quanah Gibson-Mount wrote:

> --On Sunday, May 09, 2004 8:28 PM +0200 Buchan Milne
> <bgmilne@obsidian.co.za> wrote:
>
> >> e.g. I assume the same underlying database was used, and the
> >> same indexing was present, and there was no extra load on the
> >> machine, and the cache size was the same in both cases, and
> >> the same cache initial status was obtained.
> >
> > Yep, and the same database files themselves were used too.
>
> Same database files as in bdb files, or same database files, as in both
> systems were loaded from the same LDIF file?

Both.

Initially, I did imports of three different databases (two artificial ones
generated by DirectoryMark, one an LDIF dumpfrom a production system with
somemassaging to be schema compliant) on the three backend/db library
combinatins (ldbm/gdbm,ldbm/berkeley,bdb), indexed them, checkpointed them
(in the case of bdb), and tarred them up.

They are tested as they come out of the tarball (no slapindex or other
changes etc).

Regards,
Buchan