Max concurrent logins

Searched long and hard for information regarding the
subject line but to no avail. Basically, I do not want
users to use their accounts to login to 2,000,000 PCs
at once.

Was told I can try edit /etc/security/limits.conf but
what that does was to limit local logins, not domain
wide.

And openldap 2.1.x default schemas definitely do not
have a maxlogins attribute.

I am not sure whether clients maintains a connection
with the ldap server after they have authenticated so
we can attack the problem from there.

So is this feature lacking in 2.1.x or are there login
scripts that can accomplish this?