Re: Modifying entries takes ages, slurpd consumes much cpu time, replication way behind (2nd try)

Hi,

Andreas Rother <rother-ml@gmx.de> writes:

> I have three OpenLDAP servers (all 2.1.29 with db-4.2.52.2) in my
> environment. The master server (SLES8) feeds the two slaves (Redhat
> ES3). I had replication problems with previous versions of OpenLDAP,
> so I upgrade to 2.1.29 and start a shell script that adds one hundred
> attributes to a specific user using ldapmodify. All ldap servers run
> with debuglevel 65535.
>
> That script runs over 30 minutes and terminates with the error message:
> ---
> modifying entry "uid=arother,ou=people,ou=preprod,o=company,c=de"
> ldapmodify: update failed: uid=arother,ou=people,ou=preprod,o=company,c=de
> ldap_modify: Internal (implementation specific) error (80)
>        additional info: commit failed

Your debuglevel is consuming much of the load. The configuration of
bdb has a great influence on writing, reading and replication, so just
setup a DB_CONFIG that meets your requirements.

-Dieter

--
Dieter Kluenter  | Systemberatung
Tel:040.64861967 | Fax: 040.64891521