RE: your mail

> Which OS?  You'll have to adjust your library path, but the
> way to do that
> is OS-dependent ....

I'm using linux, and I've written a run-configure script that looks like:

export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/n/mojo/pkgs/CyrusSASL/i686linux/cyrus-sasl-2.1.15

./configure --prefix=/n/mojo/pkgs/OPENldap/i686linux/openldap-2.1.22 \
--disable-bdb \
--with-cyrus-sasl \
--enable-spasswd

In the middle of this e-mail, I got an epiphany, and compiled cyrus with no options, using all the defaults for configure, and now it does find it and openldap installed correctly, thanks for the help