Re: iPlanet Directory migration into OpenLDAP

Lloyd H. Meinholz wrote:
I am dumping the data from
Directory Server into an ldif file. I am having is with the passwords.

Should be compatible.

I've been searching and can't seem to figure out how to get the
passwords converted into a form OpenLDAP can deal with.

You can just re-use the values of attribute 'userPassword' in OpenLDAP.

If passwords are hashed (e.g. {SSHA}) you are stuck with LDAP simple bind since most SASL mechs (e.g. DIGEST-MD5) need the passwords in clear-text.

Ciao, Michael.