Ldap database corrupts when I use slapadd

Hello all ,

I am an ldap newbie just trying to learn ldap on a test server.
  I am using openldap version 2.1.19 with a bdb backend database on linux redhat 7.2 , the problem is whenever I try using slapadd or slapindex My database gets corrupted. I mean slapd does not start again
It gives errors  like this in the debug mode
     bdb_db_open: dbenv_open(...) .... failed
and the server does not start up , even though slapd shows up in "ps"

So I just removed all the data and add the entries again ( I did take a ldif backup  before trying out slapadd ) Now again Things are working fine , but I cant index the entries

--
Ramprasad A Padmanabhan
Sr Software Engineer

NETCORE SOLUTIONS *** Ph: +91 22 5662 8000 Fax: +91 22 5662 8134

MailServ: Email, IM, Proxy, Firewall, Anti-Virus, LDAP
Fleximail: Mail Storage, Management and Relaying
http://www.netcore.co.in

Emergic Freedom: Linux-based Thin Client-Thick Server Computing
http://www.emergic.com

BlogStreet: Top Blogs, Neighborhoods, Search and Utilities
http://www.blogstreet.com

Rajesh Jain's Weblog on Technology:http://www.emergic.org