Re: Referral to Active Directory for Authentication

> Can I refer a user authentication request from a frontend directory
> server back to an Active Directory instance?  Any documentation
> describing it?

I've hacked OpenLDAP with a new passwd type of {PASSTHRU}
which does this to a windows NT PDC. I'm sure it'd probably work
for AD too though I've not tested that!

If somebody binds and their password is of crypt type {PASSTHRU} it
does an smbauth against a windows PDC. That way we have all our
attribute data in LDAP, but auth to the PDC passwd database. I
can send you a patch file for OpenLDAP 2.1.5 if you want.

Paul