RE: openldap and Sun One?

no

-----Original Message-----
From: Tony Earnshaw [mailto:tonni@billy.demon.nl]
Sent: woensdag 20 november 2002 22:29
To: Chris Lundell
Cc: openldap-software@OpenLDAP.org
Subject: Re: openldap and Sun One?

ons, 2002-11-20 kl. 21:53 skrev Chris Lundell:

> Does anyone know if openldap is "compatible" with Sun One?

IIRC Sun One is the new nomer for iPlanet (= Netscape Directory Server,
not to be confused with NDS), and iPlanet is "special" in as much as it
has a lot of stuff that doesn't conform to IETF standards. As far as
clients are concerned, they should be able to be configured to coexist,
but as far as things like server DB replication are concerned, I'm
afraid you might find real difficulties.

Best,

Tony

--

Tony Earnshaw