berkeley db max filesize

Hi all,
I have a couple of questions inwhich I desperately need absolute answers
(yes, I know, there are no absolutes).

Here's the background.  We run a write server and a few replicas on campus
containing all students and staff.  We were running with gdbm, but we have
twice now hit the 2G filesize limit (that was with 2.0.21).  We have now
converted to 2.0.23 with sleepycat db.

Here are the questions:

First, maximum filesize for berkeley DB.  What is it as it pretains to
openldap?  In the FAQ on their site it says > 2Gb for sleepycat dbs if the
FS supports it (which it does, ext3 under Linux 2.4.18 at this time).

Second, does anyone have a .ddb file over 2Gb using berkeley?  If not,
what backend will hold the largest number of accounts before it hits a
limit.

TIA.

Regards
James Bourne

--
James Bourne, Supervisor Data Centre Operations
Mount Royal College, Calgary, AB, CA

addressed, and may contain confidential, personal, and or privileged
information. Please contact the sender immediately if you are not the
intended recipient of this communication, and do not copy, distribute, or
take action relying on it. Any communication received in error, or

"There are only 10 types of people in this world: those who
understand binary and those who don't."