Re: problem in clearing ldap cache

Neelam Salaria wrote:

Hello everyone,

hi

I had an earlier implementaion of ldap on linux redhat 7.0 server
Now I have upgraded to linux 7.2 and upgraded the openldap to openldap-2.0.21-1

I would like to change the entire database , even after deleting the dir /var/lib/ldap that contains the data base ( I have an ldbm data base) and even commenting the dn entries in the ldap file the ldap search still returns all the entries,

delete /var/lib/ldap, start the ldap server, and use ldapadd to put in the new data.

In this if I want to add any entry it says entry already exists but from any windows OE or Outlook cleint if I try the same search it says no such entry on the server. can anyone tell me how to empty the ldap cache?

delete above dir.

I want to put the entire database afresh
Even after rebooting the server, ldapsearch still returns all the entries.

follow steps as above.

Regards, Neelam Salaria Blue Star Infotech Ltd. (W) 022- 8290333 - 233, neelams@bsil.com *************** This mail comes to you from Linux mail server *****************