problem in clearing ldap cache

Hello everyone,
I had an earlier implementaion of ldap on linux redhat 7.0 server
Now I have upgraded to linux 7.2 and upgraded the openldap to openldap-2.0.21-1

I would like to change the entire database , even after deleting the dir /var/lib/ldap that contains the data base ( I have an ldbm data base) and even commenting the dn entries in the ldap file the ldap search still returns all the entries,
In this if I want to add any entry it says entry already exists but  from any windows OE or Outlook cleint if I try the same search it says no such entry on the server.
can anyone tell me how to empty the ldap cache?
I want to put the entire database afresh
Even after rebooting the server, ldapsearch still returns all the entries.

Regards,
Neelam Salaria
Blue Star Infotech Ltd.
(W) 022- 8290333 - 233, neelams@bsil.com