Re: Large Open LDAP Installations?

we're running an LDAP system with +600K user entries used for
authentication and mail routing. we ran it with OpenLDAP 1.2.x for some
years and switched to 2.0.21 two weeks ago.

we got 4 dual 1000mhz PIII machines with 1gb ram running linux and
OpenLDAP 2.0.21. one serves as master, the other three are slaves.
search requests are loadshared on all 4 machines by a radware wsd.
slapd's cpu usage stays below 1%, memory usage is about 3%.

if you ask me again in a few weeks, i can tell you whether the new setup
is as reliable as i expect it to be ;-)

tom.