Re: Connecting Netscape + SSL to OpenLdap 2.0.6

Seth Ladd wrote:

> I can successfully connect via SSL when using ldapsearch.  I can also
> successfully connect to OpenLDAP w/ Netscape w/out using SSL.
>
> The errors mention problems w/ the client certificate.  If this really is
> the client cert from Netscape, I don't know how to change that.

Do not require a client certificate from Netscape in LDAP.  It does not
send it.  There is nothing you can do to have it send it: the LDAP
component in Netscape simply does not contain the necessary code.
At least, that's what I was told in private last year.

IIRC, 'TLSVerifyCLient 0' in slapd.conf is what you need.

Julio