about BASEDN and RDN

 Hi,

I use OpenLDAP 1.2.4 to store certificates. You know,the subject of
certificate may be from any country,that is ,the dn of certificates
can be "...,c=CN","...,c=UK" and so on. Does that mean I should add
all country code to slapd.conf(like below)?

#slapd.conf
suffix "c=CN"
suffix "c=UK"
suffix "c=AU"

There are 242 country codes in ldapfriendly.So adding them all to
slapd.conf is annoying.I know the root of DIT is a virtual root,which
has no meanings. But is there a root superior to c=CN,c=UK,...?
Is there any way to solve the problem?

Supposed I have added them all to slapd.conf,can basedn be multiple?
If can,it means I should have such line "BASE c=CN c=UK c=AU ..." in
ldap.conf. If it cannot,I should add ' -b "c=..." ' in every operation
if BASE has been set to "c=CN"  in ldap.conf. Do you have solution
to this?

And our certificate subject comprises cn,ou,o,l,st and c, as below:
						RDN

			root                   (no)

            ------------------------------
	   /	 /     /     \     \      \
	       ...   c=CN   c=AU   ...          c=CN
	             /
	          st=sc                        st=sc
	          /
	        l=cd                            l=cd
	        /
	      o=SDTech                          o=SDTech
	      /
	    ou=software                        ou=software
	    /
	  cn=cert1                             cn=cert1
	  DN : cn=cert1,ou=software,o=SDTech,l=cd,st=sc,c=CN

You can see to add a certificate, I should add 4 entries:"st=sc,c=CN",
"l=cd,st=sc,c=CN","o=SDTech,l=cd,st=sc,c=CN",
"ou=software,o=SDTech,l=cd,st=sc,c=CN" . They take up the hard disk,
memory, and make the structure and maintainance more complex.
Can RDN be "ou=software,o=SDTech,l=cd,st=sc"? That is:
					      RDN
			root

          --------------------------------
        /      /       /     \     \      \
	      ...   c=CN   c=AU   ...          c=CN
	             /
	ou=software,o=SDTech,l=cd,st=sc       ou=software,o=SDTech,l=cd,st=sc
	           /
	         cn=cert1                     cn=cert1
	   DN : cn=cert1,ou=software,o=SDTech,l=cd,st=sc,c=CN

If RDN can be "ou=software,o=SDTech,l=cd,st=sc", how to do it?

Thanks in advance.

»¶Ó­Ê¹Óà 21CN µç×ÓÓʼþϵͳhttp://www.21cn.com
Thank you for using 21CN Email system