Re: ldap_add: No such object

On Tue, 27 Apr 1999 18:32:50 +0800 Prasad HS <prasad@krdl.org.sg> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I recently installed openLdap and running slapd . Whenever I tried
> adding a entry (still in trials), I am getting the error: No Such
> object
> .I went through the archives and found similar problems and tried but
> could not see any results .

Do you have to add an entry for your organisation, first?

  dn: o=krdl, c=SG

Something like that?  I'm a bit hazy on this (I haven't done much work
implementing our set up yet - just fiddling).

I'm not sure exactly when this is needed (is it needed for the country
part?), but I certainly needed to add a 'dn: o=University of Reading,
c=GB' before I could add any objects under that.

  - Bob

  The Day Today             ... because FACT times IMPORTANCE equals NEWS!
  Bob "Mince" Franklin ~{], CNE ;), MCSE ;)           Tel. (0118) 931 8432
  Systems and Communications                          Fax. (0118) 975 3094
  IT Services                                   r.c.franklin@reading.ac.uk
  University of Reading, U.K.          http://www.reading.ac.uk/~suq96rcf/