Re: Test operations

Interesting, considering that this draft hasn't progressed very far and has no OIDs assigned. How exactly do you expect anyone to write a compatible implementation? And of course "It is inappropriate to use Internet-Drafts as reference material or to cite them other than as "work in progress.""

I _think_ he was talking about compatibility with existing implementations in the field, none of which claims to implement the old draft (although they are similar).

Before going off and implementing an expired draft, it would be nice to understand why the model never made it beyond draft status. Surely it does not reflect well on the described model for it to have been abandoned by the authors. Nor would it reflect well on us to claim support for what can only be considered an incomplete specification.

Not sure, but I suspect it was a challenge to bring standardization to something that all the major vendors had already implement their own way (because none of those vendors had much incentive to contribute people to work on the effort).