RE: ABNF of numericoid

X.680 defers to X.660 for the definition of OBJECT IDENTIFIER,
but notes that an OBJECT IDENTIFIER must have at least two components.
I don't have a copy of X.660 to check what other requirements
there are, however it is worth noting that the BER encoding of
OBJECT IDENTIFIER only supports values where the first component
is 0, 1 or 2. If the first component is 0 or 1 then the second
component must be in the range 0 to 39. If the first component
is 2 then the second component is unlimited.

Regards,
Steven